We are always looking for community-minded volunteers!
We have a range of volunteer opportunities available:
Mobile Technology Trainer
– As part of our “Bridging the Gaps of Adult Digital Literacy” program, we are seeking volunteers interested in facilitating one-on-one and/or small group training sessions to teach older adults basic use of tablet computers and smart phones. These training sessions will occur in community centres throughout HRM. The scheduling of training sessions are flexible to accommodate the volunteer’s availability. Volunteers will be provided with a facilitator’s guide, be tasked with recording simple statistics relevant to program delivery, and should be familiar with using mobile devices and comfortable engaging with seniors.
This is a great opportunity for volunteers to develop skills, gain work experience, foster intergenerational connections, and have a positive impact in improving the lives of others. Our most dedicated tablet trainer even won a 2016 Halifax Volunteer Award!
– We are seeking experienced fundraisers to assist in the development and implementation of a fundraising strategy to support our organization’s mission and needs.
CAP Site Attendant
– CAP sites across Halifax are always looking for volunteers interested in serving their community by working in a CAP site to assist clients and increase the hours that it is open and available to the public. Please let us know what geographic area, or specific CAP site, you would like to volunteer in!
– We are looking to expand our Board of Directors. If you have the experience and expertise to be an asset to our board, please contact us to schedule a meeting.
– We are also looking for volunteers interested in working on one of our committees. We have opportunities available on our Promotions, Orientation, and Governance committees.
For all volunteer enquiries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org